Sunday, September 2, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Celebration: Birthday Borders



OK everybody, put on your best Andy Williams voice and sing with me.... It's the moooooost wonderful time of the year!  Yes, it's STAMPtember!  Does everyone love this as much as I do?  It sure takes the edge off of the September doldrums as I send my kids back off to school (always sad for me - I love their summers off when we can relax together).

I am thrilled to be a part of the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember 2018 Blog Party!  I was so lucky to receive Simon's new Birthday Borders stamp set.  It is a fantastic birthday set that is going to become the cornerstone of just about every birthday card I make.  What I think really shines the most in this set are the sentiments.  Oh my, I laughed OUT LOUD when I read them.  My personal favorites are "I'm Not Making Any Age-Related Jokes Because I Feel Really Bad About Your Age" and "You Don't Look A Day Over Whatever Age You Were A Few Years Ago."  😂  I'm getting to that age where you need to laugh about the number or you might cry, so these sentiments are perfect for me and those I typically send birthday cards to.  😁



I decided to make a clean and simple but funny card with this set.  I first stamped out the candle border and painted them in with gouache paint.  I then embossed my sentiments in gold and the candle flames in gold glitter embossing powder.  I then stitched on some Pretty Pink Posh gold sequins for some more sparkle.  I cut out the panel with a stitched rectangle border, stitched up the edge, and layered it with some craft foam on another stitched rectangle panel for some dimension and interest.  I mounted these on top of a light aqua panel, and the card was finished!



You can find the entire STAMPtemper 2018 release here.  You can also find the links to the entire blog party here.  Be sure to check out all the blogs... there are tons of different promotions throughout all the blogs, so think of this as the coolest crafty scavenger hunt ever!  😀

I am so excited to announce that Simon has given me the code AUTF39 for you, which you can use to get the exclusive Simon Says Stamp Autumn Leaves die set FREE with ANY purchase!  Woot!!!!  The banner at the top of this post gives all the details.

I CAN'T WAIT to see everything that Simon Says Stamp has in store for us this month!  Go forth and shop, my stampy friends!  I see some early birthday presents from me to me in my near future!  😂


14 comments on "Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Celebration: Birthday Borders"
  1. Happy STAMPtember! Such a fabulous card! I love the beautiful touches of gold. Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vert cute card!!! The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Birthday card! Love the gold stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the sequins on the wonderful birthday candle card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very sharp! Unlike anything I’ve seen before. I just love colorful and cheerful birthday cards. Thank you for sharing. It’s just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect Birthday card. Love the "funny" sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fun Happy Birthday card! All those tiny candles are just the CUTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the stitching & the touches of gold really make this card fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Love the stitching on the card. It adds just the right touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your gold stitching...it is just the right touch and adds so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature