Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Christmas Shaker Postcard: Scrapbook.com Merry Mail





I am a sucker for holiday stamp sets, so when Scrapbook.com asked me if I would like to create a project with some of their new photopolymer holiday stamps I jumped at the chance.  I was so happy to receive their new Merry Mail stamp set - look at these little illustrated stamps!  Scrapbook.com's stamps are a premium clear photopolymer and a collaborative team effort of stampers and paper crafters' hand-drawn designs.  They stamp beautifully right out of the package.  These little holiday postage stamp images are obviously perfect for adorning holiday envelopes, but I thought it would be so much fun to make a card featuring these adorable illustrations.

I first stamped my stamp outlines using my favorite Scrapbook.com Hybrid Inks and then stamped the interior images using Scrapbook.com's hybrid black ink.  I colored the images using Copic markers, keeping the coloring simple but colorful and vibrant.  I adhered the little stamps to a premade Neenah Solar White Card Base (did you know that Scrapbook.com offers precut Neenah card bases, folded cards and envelopes?  What a time saver!) and stamped my sentiments from the Merry Mail and Scrapbook.com's Holly Jolly Sentiments set.  I also stamped little reindeer, gingerbread man, and snowflake accent images from the Holly Jolly set to fill in some white space.



I then cut a postage stamp border, cut out a window from the middle, and added some stitching around the edge for interest.  I adhered in some clear acetate with Scrapbook.com's double-sided adhesive and added foam adhesive around the edge.  I then sprinkled some clear sequins over my card base and adhered the frame on top.  And voila... a sweet holiday shaker card!  Of course, I couldn't stop myself from coloring another stamp and making a coordinating envelope... how could I not?  ðŸ˜‰





I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it!  Links to the products mentioned here are below.  I participate in the Scrapbook.com affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you so much for your support!





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature