Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Paper Embroidery Card with Pinkfresh Studio's Heart and Soul Stamp Set




You know when you see a stamp set and you immediately know you have to have it?  We've all had those moments, right?  When I saw Pinkfresh Studio's Heart and Soul stamp set, I had one of those moments... I knew I wanted to try to stitch it, and it went straight into the cart!

This stamp set is so delicate and beautiful, and it took to stitching just perfectly.  The process was really simple... I stamped the image, poked holes along the image lines, and stitched it up using a simple backstitch.  I wish photos did justice to the texture that stitching brings to cards... there is just nothing like it!




After stitching, I decided I wanted to make a shaker card.  I remembered a video I had seen from the genius Jennifer McGuire about tulle shaker cards, and I thought it would be the perfect way to finish this delicate card.  This process was simple... I first fussy cut a window from the image (which, incidentally, was probably the most difficult part of this card for me - I am NOT good at fussy cutting!  I'd love to hear any tips!).  I lined the window with a piece of tulle, sprinkled in some flat flower and leaf sequins, and layered another panel of tulle over the back, securing everything with strong double-sided tape.  The sequins of so beautifully between the tulle layers.

I added some gems and flower sequins for some added sparkle and interest.  After embossing my sentiment in gold, this card was done!  I just love how everything came together here - it's hard to go wrong with such a gorgeous stamp set.



I hope you enjoyed this project!  A link to this gorgeous stamp set is below.  I participate in the scrapbook.com affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission from products purchased through the links I share at no additional cost to you.  Thank you for your support - it is very much appreciated!


2 comments on "Paper Embroidery Card with Pinkfresh Studio's Heart and Soul Stamp Set"
  1. Oh my word, that is stunning! The stitching and tulle shaker element are a match made in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelly! This stamp set was just made for tulle! :)

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature