Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Celebrating our Veterans: Simon Says Stamp American Flag Stencil Shaker Card



Simon Says Stamp has an incredible new Celebrate You release, and I was so happy to be able to create this project with their new American Flag stencil.  This card was created with our veterans in mind; I have beloved family members who have served in our military, so this card is quite meaningful for me!

This stencil made it so easy to create this card.  I used traditional red and blue inks with the stencil to create the flag.  I then stamped a bold "Thank You" sentiment from Simon's Thank You Flowers stamp set in black ink, and again used the stencil and Hero Arts Unicorn pigment ink to create the stars in the flag.

To make the shaker portion of the card, I wanted to create a fireworks scene for some sparkle.  I don't have any fireworks stamps (how can this be?), so I found some fireworks clip art and printed it out on a laser transparency.  I then ran it through my Minc machine with some gold foil.  I created the frame with Hero Arts' Postage Stamps Nesting Dies, cutting out the interior with a standard rectangle die.  I added some gold stitching around the perimeter.

I assembled the shaker using some foam tape and filled it with Pretty Pink Posh star confetti.  This was such a pleasure to make... we are going to send this one to our favorite brother in-law/uncle who has served tours all over the world in the U.S. Army, including two in Iraq.  What a joy it was to make this card for him!

I hope you enjoyed this project!  This new release celebrates so many different people in our lives... it is just fantastic!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature