Monday, August 26, 2019

Pinkfresh August Challenge: Stitching!




If you're familiar with my or my blog, it's no secret that I love stitching.  So when I learned that Pinkfresh's August challenge was stitching, there was no way I wasn't participating.  What a great reason to stitch up a card!

I used Pinkfresh's Fancy Blooms stamp set for this card.  I first stamped out my images in the corners of an A2-sized card base cut from Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock.  I then did some super simple Copic coloring because I knew the stitching would be the star of the show.  I then used coordinating thread colors to achieve a no-line stitching look.  I pierced holes along the stamp lines and backstitched with 2 strands of floss along the lines.  This takes time, but I find the process so soothing and meditative.  It's the perfect activity to re-binge watch your favorite shows... not that I'd know this from experience or anything.  *wink*   



After finishing all my backstitching, I added some French knots in my flower centers and along some floral stems.  I LOVE French knots in cardmaking... they add such whimsy and texture to the finished product!  



After I finished the stitching, I die cut my "Hugs" sentiment from pink cardstock and adhered several layers together so it has some dimension.  I used some flower and leaf sequins here and there for some sparkle, and some mulberry rosettes in the larger flower centers for even more interest and dimension.  I mounted the panel on some black and white plaid patterned paper to finish the card.  

I wish photographs could truly capture the magic that stitching adds to paper crafting projects.  This card has such lovely texture from all the thread... it is actually soft when you touch it.  I hope this inspires you to add some stitching to your paper projects - I know you'll love the results!  



A link to the stamp set I used is below.  Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I loved making it!



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature