Sunday, March 8, 2020

My Favorite New Technique: Spellbinder Glimmer Hot Foil Card




Hello, crafty friends!  I don't know about you, but I've seen some absolutely gorgeous cards made with the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System.  I bought myself a Glimmer system quite a while ago but for reasons I can't quite articulate, I found myself a little... intimidated?  I don't know if that's exactly the word I'm looking for, but I suppose I was afraid that I wasn't going to know how to work it "right," or that my results wouldn't be what I was hoping for.  

I am here today to tell anyone who has similar feelings to throw them out the window.  This system is incredibly easy to use, and I achieved beautiful results my very first time using it.  Lucky for us, crafting gurus like Yana Smakula and Jennifer McGuire have put together incredibly comprehensive tutorials for us on YouTube, and I highly recommend watching them before using this system.  They make it look so easy... and it is!  

I was thrilled to make this card today with the Spellbinders Essential Glimmer Squares hot foil plates.  I started my card by hot foiling a beautiful square onto gray cardstock.  I then die cut pretty flowers using my favorite Spellbinders floral dies (most of these are from their monthly large and small die club kits, which are my favorite) and arranged them into clusters at the corners of my card.  Before adhering them down, to add even more shine, I added some foliage from Spellbinders Organic Foliage hot plate and die set onto the gray card cardstock.  I then adhered my floral bunches over top.  


I then die cut a Thank You sentiment from gold cardstock using Spellbinders Die D-Lites Bold Type Thank You die and adhered it onto my card.  I arranged my card with a stitched yellow strip underneath and finished it with some sparkly clear sequins.  



I am so happy I finally mustered up the courage (LOL) to try this amazing system.  It was SO easy and every time I peeled off the gold foil, I couldn't stop oooohing and aaaahhing over the results.  I highly encourage you to try this technique if you're a sucker for shiny and sparkly like I am!  

Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the Spellbinders affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  I truly appreciate your support!  

I hope you enjoyed this project!  I had a blast making it.  Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!  


1 comment on "My Favorite New Technique: Spellbinder Glimmer Hot Foil Card"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature