Thursday, June 25, 2020

Watercolored Card with My Favorite Things Fanciful Roses Background Die


Hello, crafty friends!  I am so excited to have the opportunity to share this card with the GORGEOUS new Fanciful Roses background stamp from MFT.  This card was such a joy to create!

I started by stamping my image onto some Canson watercolor paper (the red rubber cling stamp makes a perfect impression).  I then did some loose watercoloring with Karin Brushmarkers.  I chose vibrant shades of pink, orange and yellow to add layers of color to the roses.  When finished, I filled in the negative spaces with some pool-colored watercolor.  And because everything is better with a little splatter, I added some white splatters all over the image with watered down white gouache.



To finish the card, I die cut my "hello" sentiment with MFT's Little Hello die three times, adhering them together for dimension.  After adhering the sentiment, I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze on top for some shine.  A few sparkling clear sequins and this card was finished!



I just love this gorgeous background and had so much fun creating this card.  Links to the products I used are below.  I hope you enjoyed this project!  I'll see you soon with some more floral projects made with beautiful floral stamps from MFT's newest release.  Thanks so much for stopping by!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature