Sunday, October 11, 2020

Stitched Accents: Ink To Paper's Festive Mugs and Corner It: Holly Stamp Sets

 


Hello, friends!  I am beyond excited to announce that I am a new member of Papertrey Ink/Ink To Paper's design team and I am thrilled to be here today sharing my first official card as a member of the team!  As an amateur collector of cute mugs, this is one of my favorite holiday cards made with Ink to Paper's new Festive Mugs and Corner It: Holly stamp sets.  

I started my card by die cutting my mug out of Sweet Blush cardstock.  I stamped most of my accents using the Festive Mugs stamp set directly onto the mug, using Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Pinefeather and Raspberry Fizz inks.  I die cut the center flower from Pure Poppy cardstock so I could pop it up with foam tape for some dimension.  



For my mug accents, I used the Festive Mugs stamp set, the Corner It: Holly set, the Framing Florals: Christmas set, and the On the Border: Fir Branches die.  Before adhering everything down, I decided to use the Corner It: Holly stamp to create some steam for the top of my mug.  I stamped the image in light gray ink onto Aqua Mist cardstock, poked holes along the stamp lines, and did a simple backstitch using white embroidery floss.  So quick and easy, and the stitching adds such beautiful texture and interest to the card! 


To finish my card, I adhered all of my elements to the card base and created a white rectangular frame to ground the image.  I then stamped my "joy" sentiment in the lower right hand corner.  A few sparkly sequins and the card was finished! 



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I'll be back soon with another new release project from Ink to Paper!  


2 comments on "Stitched Accents: Ink To Paper's Festive Mugs and Corner It: Holly Stamp Sets"
  1. This card has my jaw on the floor! LOVE your stitching over the flourish to mimic steam...just so creative! Welcome to the team and am looking forward to all your creative sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, I love your work Leigh! ( sorry this is late but I finally bookmarked your blog). 😊👏💖

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature