Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Papertrey Ink's Ink to Paper Rainbow Arches and Tiny Blooms Stamps and Dies: Creating a Stitched Rainbow Card


Oh, how I love rainbows.  And flowers.  And foliage.  So it's as though someone tapped right into my creative side when designing the new Rainbow Arches dies along with the Tiny Blooms stamps and dies.  I had so much fun creating this flowery, leafy stitched rainbow and I'm here to share the process with you today! 




I started my project by die cutting my rainbow out of 110# white cardstock.  I cut the bottom off of the rainbow and decided to use every other arch within that rainbow, coloring each with a different colored Copic markers.  I also die cut my foliage from the Rainbow Arches dies and colored it with green Copics.  As I assembled my rainbow onto Soft Stone cardstock, I decided to add some simple white backstitching on the first arch and between the second and third arches.  I simply used a paper piercer and a mouse pad to punch holes into the cardstock as I assembled, adding backstitching thereafter.  After adhering my third and fourth arches, I added some stitched star shapes in between them (although these were largely covered by the foliage I added afterwards, so were I to make this card again, I'd likely forgo this stitching). 


After my rainbow was assembled and stitched, I stamped some sweet little blooms from the Tiny Blooms stamp set and die cut them with the coordinating dies.  After adhering my foliage and florals, I die cut the "Hello" from the To Die For: Hello Beautiful die (cutting off the "beautiful") three times, layering them with liquid adhesive for dimension.  I then stamped the "sunshine" from the Brighter Days stamp set, embossing it in white.  I added some more stitched star shapes around my rainbow and added some yellow flower sequins as my final touches.  I trimmed off about 1/4 inch from the perimeter of my card panel and mounted it on top of an A2-sized panel of Sweet Blush cardstock to finish this stitched card. 




I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products I used are above.  I'll see you again tomorrow with two new projects from this beautiful new release! 

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature