Sunday, July 28, 2019

Handmade Booklets: Spellbinders Booklet Binding Die by Paul Antonio




Hello, crafty friends!  I am so excited to share this crafty project with you.  When Spellbinders asked me if I would like to create a project with a product from the new PA Scribe collection by Paul Antonio, I jumped at the chance to create some cute booklets with the new Booklet Binding die.  I've seen people create their own books and booklets with hand binding, but I had no idea how to go about it.  These dies took all the mystery away, and I had these pretty, embellished booklets done in just minutes!  

The thoughtful folks at Spellbinders have published an extremely helpful guide on how to use these booklet binding dies here, and I used these instructions to make my projects.  I simply trimmed a piece of pretty patterned paper to 6" x 8" and used the larger die to emboss a fold line and make the stitch holes along the center.  I used some text weight paper cut to 5.57" x 7.75 " in the same fashion to cut my interior pages.  Following the guide, I simply used 6-strand embroidery floss to make the binding for the little booklets.  So easy!  

My daughter and I embellished these little booklets together, using charms, tassels, die cuts and patterned paper.  We used Spellbinders' Sentimental Words stamp set to stamp a "smile" sentiment for one of our booklets.  The possibilities for these booklets are endless, and I can't wait to make more as gifts.  They would make the PERFECT teachers' gifts... I'm thinking of sets to match some  personalized cards.  So fun!  



I hope you enjoyed these projects.  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the Spellbinders affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  I really appreciate your support!  

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll be back soon with some new projects!  



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature