Thursday, July 25, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Believe in You Release: Daisy Square Stitched Card



Hello, everyone!  I am so excited to be back today to celebrate Simon Says Stamp's newest Believe in You release.  I was so fortunate to be able to create with Simon's new Daisy Square die.  Perhaps not shockingly, the first thing I thought of when I saw this sweet little die was "stitched card!"

I started out my card using Altenew's Pegboard Canvas Cover Die to cut a panel out of Neenah Solar White 100# cardstock and cut out a square in the middle.  I stitched up the canvas using some juicy hues in a plaid pattern... I'm not sure why, but plaids just speak to me this time of year!  I inlaid the Daisy Square (colored with some Copic markers) inside that square cutout and added a layer of acetate behind it.  Then I simply turned the card over and filled the little center square with some daisy sequins).  I added a backing panel to trap the sequins inside.

For my sentiment, I stamped "Sending Summer Sunshine" from Simon's Four Seasons Sayings stamp set, embossing the "sending" and "sunshine" in white.  I stitched over the "summer" for some added interest.  I then finished my card by adding some sequins over the stitching for even more sparkle.

I had such a blast making this project and I hope you enjoyed it, too!  Links to the products I used are below.  I'll be back with some more projects... I've been busy creating!  See you soon!  


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature