Thursday, November 7, 2019

Stitched Inlay Card: Waffle Flower Herringbone Panel



Hello, friends!  I am so happy to be back today with a card I made using Waffle Flower's new Herringbone Panel die.  This is one of those versatile dies that can not only stand on its own (it has its own sentiments... so cool!), but can also be paired with just about any theme for lots of added interest in the background of your project.  I chose to make the die itself the standout today with a card featuring lots of easy stitching.

I love using dies to create stitched cards, and this one made it so easy!  To start, I adhered double-sided adhesive on the pack of a piece of white cardstock and die cut my herringbone panel.  I then adhered the panel on top of another piece of white cardstock.  I chose a pretty rainbow of threads and started stitching!  All I did was poke holes into the little rectangular cut-outs and stitch a simple backstitch, slightly offsetting each row.  This went surprisingly quickly!



I used the Herringbone Sentiments stamp set to stamp my sentiment onto another panel I cut with the die.  I fussy cut the sentiment out, added some stitching around the border, and popped it up with some foam tape.

I added a few clear sequins here and there and this card was finished!  I love the texture and dimension that stitching adds to dies like these!



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products are below.  I'll be back soon with another project I made using the Creative Bundle from Waffle Flower's November release.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature