Thursday, January 9, 2020

Simon Says Stamp Hey Bestie Release: Nested Tags by CZ Design



Happy New Year, and happy Simon Says Stamp release day!  I am so thrilled to be here today sharing a card I made with the new Nested Tags die set by CZ Design.  I did a little happy clap when I opened these tags.  These are one of those staples that every crafter should have in their stash... and amazingly, I didn't own any!  These are just perfect sizes for both gift tags and for card making - they will be getting a workout here for sure.

I've been wanting to try a faux chalkboard look for a while now, and what could be cuter than faux chalkboard tags?  I cut two tags out of black cardstock and used Simon's Handlettered Encouragement stamp set to emboss two sentiments in white.  I then used blending brushes and white pigment ink to give them that chalky look by swiping the ink across the tags.  So easy!  I added a gold grommet and some green twine to finish them up.



I embossed a white card base with a knit-textured embossing folder.  I then used Altenew's Life is Awesome stamp set to stamp an array of colorful flowers and used the coordinating die set to cut them out.  I arranged some of the flowers on the tags, but decided that I wanted to avoid white lines around those flowers so I used a black pen to outline around the images.  I then arranged the rest of the flowers onto the card base, adding my tags on top.  Nothing I make seems quite finished without at least a little bit of stitching, so I dotted some french knots here and there amongst the flowers.  And that was it for this floral card... it came together so easily.


This is just the PERFECT set of tags and I had so much fun making this project!  Links to the products I used are below.  Thank you so much for stopping by, and I'll see you soon with another project!









Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature