Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Holiday Table Settings with Ink to Paper's Take Your Place


Hello, friends!  I am so thrilled to be here today sharing holiday papercrafting projects with Ink to Paper's new Take Your Place Kit.  This kit has everything you need to create gorgeous handmade tablescapes... stamps, dies, gorgeous ribbon, twine, and even beautiful embellishments like greenery and authentic wheat stalks.  I had so much fun creating this Thanksgiving place setting along with my daughter - it was such a fun way to spend time together and get inspired for the upcoming holiday season!


My first project was the pretty pumpkin napkin ring.  Using the pumpkin stamp included with the kit, I stamped the pumpkin in light orange ink onto cold press watercolor paper.  I then used watercolor brush pens to add some quick detail to the image.  I then stamped the stalk and leaves using the same technique and added a "thankful" sentiment.  I then used the coordinating die to cut out my pumpkin and the two slots through which I threaded some beautiful chocolate-colored ribbon.  Some of the included wheat stalks were the perfect finish to this beautiful napkin ring!


My next project was the coaster.  The Take Your Place kit includes a generous pack of coasters, and my daughter had fun lending a hand with this quick and simple stamping project.  We used the Hello Pumpkin stamp set to stamp the center pumpkin, which we embossed in gold.  My daughter then used the Framing Fall Sentiments stamp set to stamp the greenery and pinecones around the perimeter of the coaster.  So fun and easy!


Next came our gift box.  My daughter and I die cut the Scallop Top Gift Bag from kraft woodgrain cardstock.  We next stamped the pinecone from the Take Your Place kit in brown ink, adding some quick colored pencil details for some interest.  We die cut some foliage using the Tag Creations: Blooming Indulgence die set from some watercolor paper we had painted with shades of green.  We then embossed the "Happy Fall" sentiment onto vellum and die cut it with the included tag-shaped die.  We then assembled the box, wrapping it with beautiful cream-colored ribbon and adding a single gold sequin for a bit of sparkle.  The included leaf ribbon (which is gorgeous!) was the perfect way to seal up this fall-themed gift box!


My last project was the placecard.  I used the Framing Fall stamp set to stamp the images to watercolor paper using light brown ink.  I then used watercolor brush pens to add pretty washes of color to the image.  A simple gold "grateful" from the Border Bling: Grateful Vines die was the perfect finish.  The details of these images are so beautiful that this would be a breeze for anyone to color, including kids!  I can imagine a fun holiday activity giving kids markers to color their own special holiday placecards.

I would love to hear your ideas for adding your own handmade details to your holiday table using this amazing Take Your Place kit.  I had so much fun creating this Thanksgiving tablescape, and I hope it inspires you to incorporate papercrafting projects into your holiday decorating.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!


2 comments on "Holiday Table Settings with Ink to Paper's Take Your Place"
  1. Everything is so beautiful. You and your daughter did well. Looks like a fun kit to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Thanksgiving and Fall projects from you and your daughter, Leigh. Thanks for sharing this beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature