Monday, October 12, 2020

Stitched Card With Gouache Accents: Ink To Paper's Ornament Greetings and Bag-It Holiday Stamp Sets



Hello, friends!  I'm so happy you stopped by for this mixed media holiday card!  I made this card using Ink to Paper's new Ornament Greetings and Bag-It Holiday stamp sets.  These two sets combine effortlessly to create the cutest holiday gift bags, so I thought I'd see if I could stretch them to create coordinating holiday cards. 


I started my card by die cutting my ornament out of pink cardstock and stamping the coordinating stripes on top in light-colored ink.  Since I knew I would be using gouache on the base of the card, I used white gouache to paint over these stripes (you could just as easily achieve this look with white embossing powder).  To add some extra texture, I stitched along the stripes using red embroidery floss and a simple backstitch. 


For my sentiment, I used the Bag It Holiday set and stamped the images with Pure Poppy Ink.  I hand cut banner shapes and used foam tape on the center banners to create some dimension.




For the base of the card, I stamped out the sweet little foliage and berry images around the ornament and banners using a light-colored ink.  I then used gouache to paint over these images (this is one of my favorite ways to add color to colored card bases, especially with simple images like these).  For more texture, I used green embroidery floss to add stems and veining to the leaves.  I then dotted my card base with white gouache and added some snowflakes from the Starflakes die set for a little more winter interest. 



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon with another cardmaking project from Ink to Paper! 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature