Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Ink to Paper Countdown Day 4: Folky Holiday and Leaves in Fall Stamp Sets


Hello, friends!  It's Ink to Paper Countdown day 4, and I'm so happy you stopped by!  I'm sharing two cards made with brand new products that I hope inspire you in your papercrafting projects. 


My first card was made with the new Folky Holiday stamp set and the coordinating Merry Alphabet dies.  These two sets combine beautifully to create the most beautiful alphabet die cuts.  I started by cutting a panel out of Aqua Mist cardstock.  I stamped a "Beautiful" sentiment from Ink to Paper's Beautiful Bouquet stamp set in the upper right hand corner.  I then die cut the letters Y and U from the Merry Alphabet dies, sponging them with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink to achieve a soft, ethereal look.  I die cut the smallest circle from the Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle dies for my "O."  I then die cut the sweet little bird from the Feathered Friends 5 die set, again sponging the individual pieces using Speckled Egg, Spun Sugar and Mustard Seed, and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks, adhering the bird in the center of the circle. 




I then used pretty floral and foliage stamps from the Folky Holiday stamp set to stamp around the center "You," embossing the images in white.  I then die cut some foliage from vellum and Green Parakeet cardstock using the Tag Creations: Blooming Indulgence dies, adhering them under the circle for some dimension.  To finish the card, I die cut a frame from the Border Bling: Postage Frames, adding some stitching around the edges using pink embroidery floss. I mounted the finished card on a base made from Weathervane cardstock.  





For my second project, I used the new Leaves in Fall stamp set and dies to create a floral tree for a sweet little bird made with the new Feathered Friends 5 mini stamp set.  




I started my card by die cutting a branch from the Leave in Fall die set and coloring it with brown watercolor markers.  I created a base panel with watercolor cardstock, adding a wash of light blue watercolor as a backdrop.  After adhering the center branch, I then used watercolor markers to stamp florals and foliage from the Graceful Wings and Stitching Garden stamp sets around the tree, fussy cutting some so I could adhere them with foam tape for dimension.




I then used the same technique for the bird, using watercolor markers to stamp the bird onto watercolor paper and adhering it to the tree.  To finish, I used sentiments from the Leaves in Fall stamp set, stamping them in black around the perimeter of the card. 



I hope you enjoyed these projects!  The new release is tomorrow, and I'd love to see what you create with the new products!  Feel free to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations!  Have a great day and I'll see you soon!  


2 comments on "Ink to Paper Countdown Day 4: Folky Holiday and Leaves in Fall Stamp Sets"
  1. Leigh, your cards are amazing and I'm especially smitten with the first one! LOVE how you combined the different elements and the colors are so beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful cards Leigh and your second is a big fav! 😊💖

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature