Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A Review of Scrapbook.com's Premium Hybrid Inks



Hello, inky friends!  I am thrilled to be posting today with a review of Scrapbook.com's new line of exclusive Premium Hybrid Ink pads.  I was SO excited when Scrapbook.com asked me if I'd like to create some projects with these new inks, but I have to admit that I was a little nervous.  Unless you're new to stamping, you have undoubtedly come across some real doozies in the ink pad world.   I've seen splotchy and blotchy (you know what I'm talking about), colors that fade, dull and lifeless hues... I was a little apprehensive about trying another new line.

Well, I'm thrilled to report that these hybrid inks are absolutely fantastic.  They combine the best properties of both dye and pigment inks, stamping in vibrant color that dries quickly.  The colors are gorgeous and they stamp beautifully; they are completely on par with my other favorite inks.  I started by stamping out swatches of each ink and I just loved the results.  I also LOVE the color numbering program.  There are twelve different color groupings of ink including pink, rose, orange, yellow, sky, cyan, blue, green, violet, gray, wood, and tan, and within each of these groups are 3-4 different shades (all numbered for easy reference), making stamp layering a breeze. There is also Cardinal Red (my FAVORITE red ink of all time), Pine, black dye ink, black hybrid ink, and white pigment ink for a total of 51 ink pads in the line.

Some of you might know that I shy away from ink blending.  I typically really don't enjoy it because, well... I am BAD at it.  Like colossally bad.  So what better time time to try my hand with ink blending than with some new inks?  Scrapbook.com was generous enough to send me some stackable ink daubers, jumbo ink daubers, and stencil brushes to try so I got to work.  And within minutes, I was an ink blending fool.  LOL  These inks and tools make it SO easy to blend.  And let me tell you... if I can do it, ANYONE can do it.  You just need the right tools!

To practice, I stamped out some background panels using Versamark ink and white embossing.  I then started experimenting with the inks, first using the stencil brushes.  This panel came together in minutes, with no special cardstock needed.  The inks blended like a dream.  I just love the soft look you achieve using the stencil brushes!



I decided to try my hand with the ink daubers next.  And let me tell you... the jumbo ink daubers are my new best friend.  I LOVE them.  No more card-ruining foam blending sponges for me.  The daubers blended the inks like butter.  Just for fun, I blended out a panel of rainbow hues first using the stencil brushes, then using the jumbo daubers and stackable daubers to intensify the color.  I've never had such an easy time ink blending before with NO smudges!



I was having so much fun that I ink blended another panel using Caribbean and Soft Lavender inks and created a card using Scrapbook.com's Elegant Christmas stamp set with silver embossing powder on vellum... I didn't want to cover up all that gorgeous ink blending.



You can probably tell that I love the entire line of Scrapbook.com's inks, but if you're looking to start out with a few, here are my favorites:

Cardinal Red: the most beautiful true red in my entire ink collection.  Absolutely gorgeous.

Caribbean: the PERFECT aqua for that subtle pool-colored ink blending.  I already have the re-inker on order.... this is the aqua shade I've been looking for!

Mixed Berry: a beautiful fuchsia-colored berry shade.

Rubber Ducky: a perfect shade of sunshiny yellow.

Succulent: a pretty fern-colored green.

All of the "Wood" shades... I was seriously lacking in some layering brown hues!

I hope this review is helpful to those considering trying out these new inks.  I would not hesitate to add them to any collection of scrapbooking or card making supplies.  If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment below and I'd be more than happy to help!  I'll be back shortly with some more holiday projects using these inks and Scrapbook.com's new Exclusive Clear Acrylic Designer Stamps!

Links to the products mentioned here are below.  I participate in the Scrapbook.com affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you so much for your support!





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature