Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Die Cut Felt Snowflake: Spellbinders Charming Snowflake Doily



I can never get enough of working with wool felt, and I knew I wanted to use it when I had the opportunity to create a project with Spellbinders's new Charming Snowflake Doily Die by Becca Feeken.  This snowflake is wonderfully sweet and intricate, which lended it so well to wool felt and some added stitching!  

I started out by applying a generous amount of Alene's Stiffen Quik to my wool felt to avoid tearing during the die cutting and stitching process (it also makes it easier to adhere intricate wool felt pieces).  I die cut the snowflake using both white wool felt and white smooth cardstock.  I colored the interior pieces with Copic markers and inlayed them into the cardstock snowflake.  I then adhered the wool felt piece over the top, creating some pretty soft texture and dimension.  

I then poked holes around some of the interior sections and around the perimeter of the snowflake and added some coordinating stitching.  



This snowflake makes such beautiful projects... in addition to cards, I am envisioning gift tags and gorgeous ornaments.  I love being able to coordinate card projects to the gifts they accompany, and this die is just perfect for that!  



Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the Spellbinders affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you for your support, and I hope you enjoyed this project!   

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature