Monday, December 17, 2018

Dimensional Watercolor Card: Scrapbook.Com Festive Florals and Berries




You know the feeling when you see a product and you immediately know you just have to have it?  That's what I felt when I saw Scrapbook.com's Fresh Florals and Berries stamp set.  I was so excited to create a project with this gorgeous set.  I think the berries are what set it apart for me... I LOVE the pairing of the pretty peonies with berries.

This card came together so organically due to the beautiful images.  I stamped my images with Scrapbook.com's Charcoal hybrid ink onto watercolor cardstock.  I then watercolored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  Here's my tip for using these markers: you get so much more interest and dimension when using multiple colors.  I simply lay down a wash of my base color, let it dry, then lay down additional layers of color using darker shades as I go.  I color the markers directly to paper to lay down these washes and use a wet brush to blend them out.  You can do this as many times as you want until you achieve the look you're after.



After watercoloring all of my images, I fussy cut them out and put foam tape on the back to add dimension.  I stamped my sentiment from Scrapbook.com's You and Me Quotes and Sayings 2 stamp set on my base panel and adhered my watercolored images around the perimeter.  I added some gold sequins for a little sparkle and the card was done!



I love the dimensional effect you achieve when popping up watercolored images with foam tape - it just makes the card so much more interesting!  I hope you enjoyed this project.  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the Scrapbook.com affiliate program, which means I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links provided here.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature