Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Interactive Slider Card: My Favorite Things Tweet Friends by Stacey Yacula



Crafty confession time: I have never made an interactive card.  And I have no idea why!  I decided to remedy this situation when I received the new Tweet Friends stamp and die set from My Favorite Things.  I have been a huge fan of Stacey Yacula for years, and I am so thrilled that she is MFT's newest illustrator.  How cute are these birds?  Completely irresistible.

I started my card by coloring my little birds and garden elements with bright Copic markers and die cutting them with the coordinating dies.  I ink blended a sky with MFT's Cloud Stencil and cut grassy borders in two shades of bright green with MFT's Grassy Hills dies.  I wanted my interactive elements to be hidden, so I used a die from MFT's Hit the Slopes to die cut a channel behind my grass.  I mounted my little blue bird on a piece of acetate, and adhered the acetate to the channel using a spin and slide disc (for an excellent tutorial on how to do this, MFT has an excellent YouTube video here).  All that was left to do was assemble my little garden scene!  I framed the scene using MFT's Stitched Scallop Rectangle Frames and added some hand stitching for a little extra interest.



And that's it... my first slider card!  I think I'm hooked - it was so easy and I love the little flying bird!



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you so much for your support!

Thanks for stopping by and have a tweet day!  :)




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature