Thursday, December 13, 2018

Simon Says Stamp You Are Loved Release: Outline Clustered Leaves Die


Simon Says Stamp has just debuted a surprise release and it is absolutely lovely... and aptly named "You Are Loved."  This release is full of beautiful products focused on love, and I was so fortunate to be able to create a project with the gorgeous new Outline Clustered Leaves die.

I first want to note that this die is beautiful and really big!  The photo above depicts the die next to a standard A2-sized card.  It would be super impactful, yet wonderfully simple, to cut out a few die cuts, stack them up, and simply layer a stamped or die cut sentiment on top for a beautiful clean and simple card. I wanted to play with it a bit, so I decided to pair it with Simon's Modern Flowers dies to create a beautiful floral cluster.

I first die cut three flowers.  After coloring the inside pieces with yellow Copic markers, I inlayed them back into the clean white outlines.  I then cut out my gorgeous leaf outline and nestled sprigs of leaves in between the flowers.  I added some stitching on the inside of the leaves and around the border of the card for some texture and interest.



I die cut my "Hello" from Simon's Oh Hello There die, colored it with the same yellow markers to create an ombre effect, and adhered it onto the panel.  Some pretty yellow sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, some yellow gems from Lucy's Cards, and some tiny sparkly green leaves from my stash finished the card with a little sparkle.



This card was so simple to make, yet this gorgeous Outline Clustered Leaves die makes such beautiful visual impact.  Just my kind of die!

I hope you enjoyed this project... I hoard collect Simon's sentiment dies, so I am off to order that new "Thinking of You" die.  Other than my collection of "Hello" dies and sentiments, this is my most-often used sentiment.  And I just can't resist Simon's gorgeous script font!  ❤️


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature