Thursday, March 7, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Fresh Blooms Release: Stitched Card With Sketched Flowers and Tiny Words Faith Stamp Sets




Hello, my friends!  How I have missed posting here.   Life has been... life.  A little unrelenting for the past couple of months.  But I am so happy that things have been calming down as of late, which has allowed me to get back into the craft room and start creating again.

I started creating again just in time  for me to play with the new Tiny Words Faith stamp set from Simon Says Stamp's new Fresh Blooms release.  I just love these Tiny Words sets... they are so chock full of sentiments that can either stand alone or combine with other stamp and die sets.  I find myself reaching for them all the time!

It had been way too long since I had stitched a card, so I decided to take out my Sketched Flowers set and stitch up the blooms.  I started by stamping the flowers and coloring them with a combination of Copic markers and Polychromos colored pencils.  Then came my favorite part: the stitching!  I simply poked holes along the stamp lines and stitched up the flowers using a simple back stitch.  Crafty confession... about halfway through the stitching process I wasn't sure I was liking how it was coming out.  But since I had already spent the time, I decided to persevere... and I am so happy I did. I love the way the stitching came out!



Even with the stitching, I decided I wanted to add more texture and dimension to the card.  I used Simon's Mini Flowers and Leaves die set and Paper Smooches Flowers and Flowers 2 dies to create some teeny tiny felt flowers and leaves.  I then used Simon's Miss You die to cut out the "you," and stamped my sentiment from the Tiny Words Faith set underneath.



I just love the way this card turned out and I hope it inspires you to try some stitching on your cards!  I'll be back soon with some more card stitching... I have a project I am just having a blast working on.  Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you have a GREAT day!
2 comments on "Simon Says Stamp Fresh Blooms Release: Stitched Card With Sketched Flowers and Tiny Words Faith Stamp Sets"
  1. So excited to continue to follow you on your new path, always loved reading your blog posts and following your adventures.thanks eabestreviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice information. Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for us. I hope you will share some more content about. Please keep sharing!
    Skip Hire Near Me

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature