Thursday, April 11, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Blossoms and Butterflies Release: Stitched Card with Sketchy Lines Background



Happy Thursday, everyone!  It's time for another fabulous release from Simon Says Stamp... their Butterflies and Blossoms Release has so many new beautiful products.  I was so happy to create this card with the new Sketchy Lines Background stamp set.  I love the versatility of these background stamps and the ability they give you to create your own patterned papers!

I did just this when I created this mixed pattern card.  I first stamped my background with the Sketchy Lines stamp to create a graphic black and white background.  To mix up the patterns and textures, I created a stitched panel of sketchy white blooms, doodling flowers here and there and stitching over them in a white on white color scheme.  I added some vellum white flower sequins for some added interest.  I just love the way these two sketchy patterns work together!



I then used Simon's Bold Flowers stamp set to stamp out some floral accents in pretty spring hues.  To finish the card, I die cut Simon's "Oh, Hello There" sentiment (one of my favorites EVER) from gold mirror cardstock and adhered it in the middle of my panel for some added shine.



I had so much fun working on this project and I love how the sketchy lines background gives that pop of graphic detail.  I hope you enjoyed this card, and have so much fun with the new release!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature