Monday, May 13, 2019

Paper Stitching with Simon Says Stamp's Floral Mix Background Stamp



Have you ever seen a stamp and wondered if the stamp designer had somehow read your mind and designed a perfect stamp just for you?  This is exactly how I felt when I saw Simon Says Stamp's Floral Mix Background stamp.  But shame on me... I waited a few days to order it and much smarter crafters than I scooped it up.  So I waited (incredibly impatiently) for it to come back in stock and didn't waste any time in placing that order.  

And this stamp did not disappoint... I had such a blast making this stitched card.  I started out by stamping my image on Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock in Copic-friendly ink.  I colored my flowers in colors my beautiful daughter chose, and I loved her bright and happy selections.  

I knew I wanted to adhere Simon's "Lucky To Know You" sentiment in the middle of the card ad stitch around it, so I die cut one layer and adhered it to the center of my card.  It was then time to stitch.  I'm not gonna lie... this took a while.  But I love every moment of stitching these cards - it is so methodic and relaxing - that I never mind the length of the process.  I simply poked holes along the stamp lines and stitched up the outlines in coordinating thread colors.  I added some french knots in the centers of a few of the flowers for even more texture.  



To finish the card, I adhered some of my favorite Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins and added some black stitching around the border of the panel.  I then die cut several more layers of my sentiment die and adhered them together to create dimension, and added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze on top for some shine.  



I had such a blast making this card that I'm already hankering to make another.  I'd love to hear color suggestions if you have any!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today - if you have any questions or comments about this project, please be sure to leave them below and I'll be sure to get right back to you!  
3 comments on "Paper Stitching with Simon Says Stamp's Floral Mix Background Stamp"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature