Saturday, May 18, 2019

Teacher Thank You Notecards with Pinkfresh Studios April Release Dies




In my book, it is never too early to start those end-of-the-year teachers gifts.  These always sneak up on me and I spend a week frantically trying to create last-minute gifts or notecard sets.  Not this year, if I can help it!  Pinkfresh Studios' April release was full of gorgeous dies, and there is no easier way to create cards with dimension and impact than using beautiful dies... they do all the work for you!



I made four different notecards for this set, taking my inspiration from a beautiful grosgrain ribbon I found in my stash and some chartreuse polka dotted paper.  My first card used Pinkfresh's Jar Full of Hearts die.  I created a small shaker using the die, layering up 4 layers of die cuts and doing some simple Copic coloring on the jar and hearts.  I stamped my sentiment from Pinkfresh's Hanging Florals stamp set, did some quick stitching around the panel, and layered some of the patterned paper and ribbon to finish.


For my second card, I used the new Partial Cut Bouquet and a Bow dies.  This card was so simple... I simply cut a two different layers of the blooms and did some simple Copic coloring.  I cut my bow from hot pink patterned paper and stamped my sentiment from Pinkfresh's Say It With Florals stamp set.  I added some stitching around the panel and some little cupped flower sequins for some added sparkle.  I layered the panel on top of coordinating cardstock added some of the ribbon.



For my third card, I used Pinkfresh's new Leafy Wreaths die set.  I cut the wreath out of the chartreuse patterned paper, and cut an additional layer out of light pink cardstock to layer underneath.  I stamped my sentiment and added some cupped flower sequins, some clear gems, and some Nuvo drops for some added interest.  I finished this card with some simple stitching and more paper and ribbon layering.



My last card again uses the Partial Cut Bouquet and a Bow dies.  This time, I created a panel with a center circle and layered bunches of the little blooms underneath.  I cut the bow from wool felt and layered the panel on top of more colored cardstock and ribbon to finish.

These cards are intended for a dear school nurse who is retiring after many years of selfless service to our school district... she will be missed indeed.  I hope these cards bring a smile to her face.  They came together so quickly, but pack so much punch due to the beauty and intricacy of the dies.

I hope you enjoyed these projects.  I'd love to hear which of these cards is your favorite... I need to make one more to complete the set but I can't decide which one I am going to duplicate!  :)


1 comment on "Teacher Thank You Notecards with Pinkfresh Studios April Release Dies"
  1. Very nice touch and design, I really like it. Can I do it with ncr paper or?

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature