Friday, June 7, 2019

Stitched Peek-A-Boo Window Card: Simon Says Stamp's Peeking Pup Die


Have you seen the new Rest and Refresh release at Simon Says Stamp?  This release is so full of fun summer themes... perfect for some crafting when you're looking to escape the heat!  

I was so happy to create this card with the new Peeking Pup wafer die.  It had been a while since I had cross-stitched a card, and I thought some sweet rainbow stripes would be the perfect background for these adorable pups.  I first die cut three circles in my card panel, then added some stitching around the border using My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle Die-Namics.  I then used the Cross Stitch Rectangle Die-Namics from My Favorite Things to create the stitched background from a separate piece of cardstock.  I traced the circles onto the cross stitch panel so I would know where to stitch, and created some fun rainbow stripes.  



I then die cut three pups and did some super simple Copic coloring.  I stamped my sentiment from Simon's Birthday Borders stamp set and adhered the panels together, focusing the three pups in the circles.  To finish the card, I hand-cut some party hats, added some pom pom toppers, and sprinkled some sequins for some extra sparkle.  

This card is so sweet and fun... how cute is that little pup???  Links to the products I used are below.  I hope you enjoyed this project and be sure to take a look at this new release... there's something for everyone!  I'll be back soon with another card project; in the meantime, have fun creating!  

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature