Friday, December 13, 2019

Stitching Your Die Cuts: Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rainbow Heart Cards




Hello, everyone!  I am so happy to be here today with some new projects from Simon Says Stamp's Love You More release.  This release is part of Diecember... one of my favorite crafty celebrations of the year.  I cannot underestimate how much I love this die.  Like, I really REALLY love it.  Creating these projects was so much fun!

If you are familiar with my projects, it probably comes as no surprise that my first inclination was to stitch this die up.  And stitching it was easy and so much fun.  To achieved a stitched look, I did the following:

1.  I first die cut the heart and used the negative space to adhere the top and bottom portions to a cardstock base.  I then used the rays as stencils to pencil in the edges.


2.  I then used markers to color in the rays (this is not absolutely necessary, but it helps in case there are any gaps in your stitching so you don't have white space showing through your stitches).  Starting at the top, I then poked holes along the edge and stitched using a simple backstitch.



3.  Once the first row is finished, I poked the holes for the second row by offsetting them between the stitches in the first row.  You're basically going to poke your holes right below the first row of stitches, and right in the middle of the stitch right above as shown below.


Keep going until you're finished!



Once the stitched heat is finished, all there is left to do is assemble your card.  I chose an aqua blue base, added some stitching around the edge, and added some stitched clouds from My Favorite Things to embellish my card.  A big scripty xoxo sentiment from Lawn Fawn was a perfect fit for the main sentiment, and I stamped mini sentiments from Simon's Tabbed Sentiments around the card.  Some assorted 4 mm sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished everything up.


My daughter saw this card, immediately said she wanted to give it to a friend, and absconded with it. So all there was left to do was make another!  LOL

For my second card, I stitched the heart in exactly the same way and added the same clouds from MFT.  I used a big scripty thanks die from Lawn Fawn, and stamped mini sentiments from Simon's Thank You Flowers and Big Thanks Words stamp sets onto the card base.  I added a scalloped stitch border from Lawn Fawn (adding stitching around the edges to coordinate with the heart) and some more sparkly sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.



To say that I loved making these projects would be a great understatement.  I am planning on making some personalized notecard sets for some teachers for end of the year gifts, and stitched heart cards will be front and center!


I hope you enjoyed these projects!  If you try stitching your dies, I would love to see what you make... make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations!  Links to the products I used are below.  Thank you so much for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day!





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature