Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Stitched Postcard with The Greetery's BotaniCuts Rose Die


Do you ever feel like a stamp company has tapped into your head and designed something that is just perfect for you?  This is exactly how I felt when I saw the latest release from The Greetery... especially when I saw the new BotaniCuts Rose and the Postal Frames die set.  It's no secret that I love flowers, and if you look through my past creations, I definitely have a thing for postcard-themed cards.  These two die sets have already established their place in the container I use for my most-loved products!  

I started this card by making the roses.  I cut the layers out of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock (I usually use Neenah's 110# cardstock, but I find it easier to create dimension out of die cuts with the lighter weight cardstock without distracting creasing).  I colored the layers with Copic markers to create a base layer of color, when sponged on highlights and deeper shades using sponge daubers and a combination of Distress Oxide inks and different pigment inks.  One big tip... if you try this technique, experiment with adding blue or turquoise shades to your leaves.  It adds such interest and life to foliage!  



I assembled my flowers, bending the petals at the edges to create some beautiful dimension.  



The Postal Frames die set made the assembly of this postcard so easy (although I had to add some hand stitching around the frame #justbecause).  I created a quick watercolor background using my Altenew watercolor pan set.  To finish, I added sentiments from Simon Says Stamp and Mama Elephant.  

I loved making this card!  I created quite the craftalanche creating the roses and foliage - it was just too much fun experimenting with different color combinations.  I already have another idea for a project using these gorgeous blooms as a focal point... I can't wait to get started!  



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products I used are below.  Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon!  

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature