Saturday, April 4, 2020

Simon Says Stamp Woodland Whimsy Card for #UnitedWeCraft


Hello, crafty friends.  I'm so thrilled that you're joining me here today for Simon Says Stamp's United We Craft blog party, and I hope this message finds you safe and healthy.  I don't know about you, but I don't know which way is up lately.  As we are constantly inundated with more and more news, I've been retreating to my craft room much more frequently in an attempt to find a quiet respite (my room has never been more organized, which is one small upside of all this).  When I heard that Simon Says Stamp was hosting this blog party, I jumped at the chance to participate.  I don't think there's a better time for us to come together and celebrate our love of crafting and card making!

I chose to make a project with Simon Says Stamp's Woodland Whimsy stamp set.  I fell in love with this set as soon as I saw it, but I have to admit... I was intimidated by it when it came in the mail.  As you might know, I do a ton of stitching on cards, and these images were outside of my comfort zone.   But there's no time like the present to try something new, right?

To make the card, I colored my images with Copic markers and colored pencils, trying to achieve a soft, fairytale-like look.  I cut out some ovals with my favorite nesting ovals set from Hero Arts, nesting them on top of each other to create a frame for my images.  I backed the deer with a soft watercolor background and layered my florals and foliage onto the oval frame.  I added some paper roses for extra interest and dimension and scattered some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh onto my scene.  I layered the image onto a panel I embossed with a woodgrain texture, and the card was finished!



I hope you enjoyed this project and that you're able to use your love of crafting as a respite from all the chaos surrounding us.  I would love to see YOU and what you're making... please be sure to share your photos with the #unitedwecraft hashtag on Instagram!

Here's a photo of my favorite furry crafting friend in my unusually clean craft room!



All my sincerest wishes for health and peace to you and your families.  I'll see you soon.  xoxo




5 comments on "Simon Says Stamp Woodland Whimsy Card for #UnitedWeCraft "
  1. I can't decide which is cuter, your puppy or your darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks to you and Simon Says Stamp for inspiring me as we stay in and flatten the curve. 🏡💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing nice article.This information is very helpful.
    At the platform of Royal Custom Packaging we offer golden opportunity for you people who love to have custom stickers for their item.We offer an endless range of designs for custom stickers. Along with that, we provide various material options.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature