Thursday, February 18, 2021

Papertrey Ink's Ink to Paper Framed In Florals Stamps and Dies: Creating a Dimensional Die Cut Card



Oh, how I love coloring floral images!  This new, beautiful Framed In Florals stamp and die set from Ink to Paper is so perfect if you, too, love adding your own touches to floral images.  This was such a fun card to make! 


I started by stamping and die cutting my two floral images twice each onto white 110# cardstock.  I then used Copic markers to add quick, simple, but impactful coloring to these florals.  I really didn't spend any time worrying about blending my colors, using a simple flicking technique to color the florals and foliage.  Because I knew I was going to stack these images, I colored one image fully and colored just the edges of the second image, not wanting to waste time coloring  parts that would not be seen. I also traced around the white edges of my images with a gray Copic marker to better allow it to blend in with a gray cardstock background.




To assemble my card, I chose an A2-sized panel of Weathervane cardstock (a perfect gray!) and affixed my floral images.  I used foam tape to adhere one image on top of another, slightly offsetting the underlying image so it would peek out from underneath.  I used the To Die For Sentiments: Hello Beautiful to die cut my "Hello" image three times, stacking them together for dimension.  I stamped a few sprigs from the stamp set above and below my floral images, using a white paint pen to color the berries white.  I am of the firm belief that splatters make almost anything better, so some white splatters gave this card a finishing artistic touch.  



I just loved making this project, and I hope you enjoyed it as well!  I can't wait to go back and spend some more time coloring these flowers with colored pencils, which are my favorite coloring medium to create floral cards with.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again with another fun new project from Ink to Paper! 



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature