Thursday, March 8, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Best Days Release!



It's Simon Says Stamp release day!  I was SO thrilled when they asked me if I would like to create a project with a new product, and I squealed when I received their Bold Flowers stamp set.  There are so many looks you can achieve with this set - everything from modern and graphic to soft and pretty. I decided to take a hybrid approach and try a modern watercolor look.  I stamped the images with bright and colorful watercolor markers using my favorite Winsor & Newtons and Zig clean color real brush pens.  Here's a glimpse into how I did it.  

It really helps to use a stamp positioning tool in case you need to stamp an image twice, so I used my Misti.  I colored the stamp with a watercolor marker and stamped it.  


Your image will not look perfect and that's OK!  Next, take a damp brush and blend out the color: 



Looks better, right?  From there, I let the image dry and added layers of color as I wanted (always letting the image dry between layers so I didn't end up creating a muddy mess): 


After I was done watercoloring the panel, I cut a frame out of the edge using rectangle dies, did some stitching around the outer border, and popped it up using foam tape.  I then recessed the remainder of the panel inside the frame.  I watercolored a scrap in Payne's gray and die cut Simon's "Miss You" greeting.  I LOVE these sentiment dies... what I wouldn't do for Kristina Werner's handwriting!  😍  Some Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets and some Nuvo crystal glaze drops and the card was finished.  



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and card.  Be sure to check out Simon Says Stamp's new "Best Days" release.  It has something for everyone... I just love it.  ❤️

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature