Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Sizzix Animal Portraits Card




Happy Tuesday!  With Easter approaching and spring hopefully showing up this week, there is no better time for a bunny card.  I don’t make a whole lot of cards with cute critters on them, but this one might have changed my mind.  I came across the Sizzix “Animal Portraits” die and I had to have it just for this bunny (it also comes with an adorable bear and cat).  And then decided that she needed a cute outfit and a crown of flowers.  😊  After die cutting the bunny and stitching her facial features, I stitched her a little top made of wool felt embellished with Honeybee Stamps flower sequins and Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear seed beads.  





The flower crown is made of handmade mulberry rosettes that I’ve had in my stash for years, tiny flowers from Simon Say Stamp’s Blooming Circle die, and branches from Pinkfresh’s Dainty Botanicals stamp set.  I outlined the branches with a copic multiliner to match the sketchy look of the stamped images on top of the frame.  

I then die cut a frame out of Waffle Flower’s Lacy Layers dies (LOVE these dies… I use them ALL THE TIME) and stitched the little holes around the die.  For the background, I used Pinkfresh patterned paper and embellished it with Kat Scrappiness flower sequins and Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear seed beads.  I added the “hi” sentiment from Simon Says Stamp’s Handlettered Encouragement set.  



Some more Pinkfresh blooms from their Fleur 1 stamp set colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens finished off the frame and the card.  


My daughter loves this bunny and named her Francine.  I hope she brings a smile to your face!  

3 comments on "Sizzix Animal Portraits Card"
  1. I saw your card first, on IG. Your attention to detail amazes me--perfection. Love your card and lucky is the person that receives it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sacy, thank you so much!!! Your comment made my day! I'm so happy you like the card.

      Delete
  2. My own perspectives are coordinating with creator and I have encountered such. Your blog is extremely instructive. Volunteer elephants Sri Lanka

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature