Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Stamping With Gouache




Happy Wednesday!  So… spring is a no-show.  I think this dreary, gray weather we’re having is inspiring me to create cards that scream with color like this one.  I had so much fun making this card from Lil’ Inker Designs Sweet and Lovely stamp set.  This is one of those sets that make you feel like an artist when you really have very little artistic ability like me.  😬  Instead of coloring this stamp with ink pads, I decided to paint it with gouache, a medium that I’ve been long-intrigued by.  I purchased an inexpensive set of gouache paints from Amazon and got to work.  

I first stamped the image with some Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  





Then I got to painting.  This was so fun.  Gouache gives gorgeous opaque coverage, but you can also thin it out so it acts like watercolor.  All I did was paint in the lines!  





I added some hand doodles, some cute accents from the stamp set, and some tiny die cuts from the Blooming Circle die from Simon Says Stamp.  Some Nuvo Drops and Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins and I called it quits before I filled every square inch of the space.  I was having too much fun.  😂  





If you try gouache on your cards, I’d love to hear how it goes!  I can’t wait to do some more experimenting!  🎨  

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature