Thursday, April 12, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Fluttering By Release!

Yesterday was another amazing release day at Simon Says Stamp… I want SO many of the new Fluttering By products!  I was thrilled to be able to have a play with their new Twinkle Flower Circle die… it gave me the perfect excuse to make a cross-stitched panel, which I hadn’t done in quite a while.  After running the panel through with my favorite Paper Smooches cross stitch die, I cut out a circle that would serve as the shaker window.  I chose some pretty spring colors of DMC floss and stitched up a plaid pattern. 




I then mounted the stitched panel on a backer piece of cardstock and filled the window with some gorgeous flower sequins from Honeybee Stamps and sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  After covering the circle with a piece of acetate, I used the Twinkle Flower die to top it off and finish the edges.  



I added the “Love” sentiment from Simon’s “Hey Love” die and a “hello” sentiment from Concord and 9th.  All done!  I LOVE this card and the colors… I’m currently working on a different version and will post it up when it is all finished. 




Now I am off to ogle over all of the pretty new products from this release… that Heart Mandala die!  Swoon!   
4 comments on "Simon Says Stamp Fluttering By Release! "
  1. Do you have a tutorial on how you did your plaid stitched background? Would love to learn how to stitch one up myself. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydia! I am testing out the pattern again before I post a tutorial... I will post on the blog as soon as it's done! :)

      Delete
  2. Same here as Lydia! i tried to google for a plaid pattern like yours, but the mix of colours is very unique! I too would like to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! Thank you for your comment! I am working on a pattern and will post it on the blog as soon as it's finished. :)

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature