Friday, July 20, 2018

Cable Knit Card with Altenew and Spellbinders



Happy Thursday, everyone!  Wow, summer is in full swing and crafting time is in short supply, so I am truly treasuring the moments here and there where I can squeeze in some quiet time to create!  I created this card by stitching up the Spellbinders Lumberjack Days embossing folder.  I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out so I did not photograph a tutorial, but I LOVE the end result so a tutorial is in the works!

Stitching up the embossing folder gave such a beautiful knit look to the card, and I love the texture it provided.



To assemble the card, I die cut a rose from the beautiful Fantasy Floral die from Altenew (to add stability to the wool felt prior to die cutting, I used my favorite Stiffen Quik spray).  I adhered the layers together and adhered the rose to the card.

I added a hello sentiment from Mama Elephant and a "my sweet friend" sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Hello You stamp set.  Some Pretty Pink Posh gold sequins finished everything beautifully.



Links to products I used are below.  I participate in several affiliate programs including Scrapbook.com, Spellbinders, and Amazon.com.  This means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through links I share here. Thank you for your support!  

I will be back with a full photo tutorial for stitching your embossing folders... it is SO FUN!!!  Have a beautiful day and I'll see you soon!




3 comments on "Cable Knit Card with Altenew and Spellbinders "
  1. Love the card! Love stitching on any kind of paper. Looking forward to the tutorial! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Stitching on paper is my favorite thing to do... it's just such a fun combination of different mediums! I'm poking holes for the tutorial as I type this! :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the tutorial. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature