Monday, July 2, 2018

Using Dies as Stencils for Stitching Templates: Altenew's Layered Floral Cover and Cross Stitch Canvas Dies



Happy Monday!  Is everyone settling into summer?   It is HOT here... I am perfectly content to stay home and get some crafting done until this heat wave passes.  100 degree temps?  NO thank you!

I've been meaning to share this cross stitch card I sent off to a crafty friend for a while.  I wanted to create a card using a cover die as a stencil, and chose Altenew's Layered Floral Cover Die A and their awesome Cross Stitch Canvas die.



After die cutting both panels, I used the layered floral die as a stencil to create the cross stitch pattern.  I colored in the sections using Copic markers.  


I then chose my thread colors and went to stitching!  




I'm not gonna lie... this stitching project is not for the faint of heart.  This took a while.  But it was well worth it.  I finished it with one of my favorite sentiments from Hero Arts and some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins.  


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and card!  Have a great start to your week!  


7 comments on "Using Dies as Stencils for Stitching Templates: Altenew's Layered Floral Cover and Cross Stitch Canvas Dies"
  1. As soon as I saw your card in Instagram I had to come by. Absolutely stunning, you hand stitched are always a work of art. Have a great week! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best, Tracey!!! I am so flattered. Thanks so much for stopping by!!! 😘

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful card and so worthy of being framed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK! You're seriously a Genius~!!! also very talented!! :) Loving this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and am inspired to try it! However, I was just wondering how you kept your copic markers from smudging together or bleeding under the stencil? Any advice would be great! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature