Thursday, June 21, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Good Vibes Release and Tips for Die Cutting Wool Felt



Hello everyone!  So happy to be back… I’m typing this blog entry amongst both of my kids graduating this week and all of the associated festivities.  Lots of bittersweet happiness around here!  I was so thrilled to be able to take some time to create a card with Simon Says Stamp’s new Miss You die from the Good Vibes release.  This release is SO fun with tons of summer-themed goodies.  

I’ve been eyeing my stash of wool felt and hankering to make a card with it for some time, so grabbed Simon’s Blooming Circle die and got to cutting out tiny wool felt flowers.  They were so cute but way too delicate - I was afraid they would fall apart once the card was mailed.  So I pulled out my miracle product that I use to make felt die cuts sturdier… Aleene’s Stiffen Quik.  This stuff is a must have if you’re going to die cut your wool felt.  Simply spray both sides of the felt and let it dry.  The felt retains softness, but the spray gives it stiffness that allows you to adhere tiny die cuts without the worry that they will fall apart.  



After die cutting all the flowers and adhering them to the card, I dotted the circles with gems from Little Things from Lucy’s cards in coordinating colors.  I die cut the Miss You sentiment out of wool felt (heavily-stiffened since the sentiment was delicate).  Some stitching around the edges and the card was finished!  




Doing some deep breathing to get through the end of this week, and hopefully I’ll have some more time to get crafty again soon! 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature