Tuesday, August 14, 2018

"Embroidered" Die Cuts: Simon Says Stamp's Modern Flowers



Hello everyone!  I hope your week is off to a great start.  I've had it in my head to make a card with a look of die cuts embroidered directly onto the paper.  What I needed was die cut images with spaces within the image so I could add stitching, and Simon Says Stamp's Modern Flowers die set was absolutely perfect for executing this idea.

This card was really fun and simple to make.  I first die cut my images out and colored the pieces with Copic markers.  I used the negative spaces to adhere the pieces directly onto a navy panel using a strong liquid adhesive.  I used Simon's "Hello there" sentiment, coloring it and adhering it to the panel in the same way.

After this process was done, I poked holes around all the pieces and got to my favorite part... the stitching.  I used complimentary thread colors to backstitch around all the die cuts, making them appear to have been embroidered directly onto the paper.




I finished the card with a small sentiment panel from Simon's Tabbed Sentiments stamp set.  Don't you love it when a vision comes to life in the way you imagined it?  This is usually not the case for me 😂, so I was especially happy when this card came to life.  I hope you enjoyed this card!  If you have any questions about the technique, please leave me a comment and I'll be sure to get back to you!





3 comments on ""Embroidered" Die Cuts: Simon Says Stamp's Modern Flowers "

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature