Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Making Cards with Patterned Paper: Lil' Inker Be the Reason Someone Smiles Today





How much patterned paper do you have?  I have a lot.  Well, like…. A LOT.  I started purchasing patterned paper a long time ago when I started crafting but didn’t really know what direction I wanted to take.  I knew I wanted to make things with paper, and I guess I figured that people who make things with paper buy #allthepatternedpaper.  😕  You guys should see some of the oldies but goodies I have in my stash.  I came across some gorgeous Amy Butler textured paper that has to be a decade old... that is the stuff that supply hoarding is made of!  

Anyway, the fabulous Wanda Guess recently posed a challenge on Instagram to bring patterned paper back.  Challenge accepted!  😀  I started with Lil' Inker's "Be the Reason Someone Smiles Today" stamp set.  To allow both this beautiful sentiment and the patterned paper to shine, I stamped the sentiment on vellum and painted it with gouache.  This was so easy and fun, and there is NO other surefire way to make yourself feel like an artist than to paint Lil' Inker's lettered stamps with paint.  I LOVE these stamps.  



The rest of the card was easy.  My favorite patterned paper designer, hands-down, by far and away, is Paige Taylor Evans.  She is a constant source of inspiration for me, and her patterned paper is just about the only patterned paper I will still allow myself to buy until I use some of this hoard stash up.  I chose a beautiful print from her Take Me Away collection and layered the sentiment on top, stitching it in place with some large cross stitches.  

This card was so simple but so fun.  Thank you, Wanda, for this challenge.  More patterned paper cards are to come!

2 comments on "Making Cards with Patterned Paper: Lil' Inker Be the Reason Someone Smiles Today "

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature