Friday, September 14, 2018

Spellbinders Blog Hop: Holiday Die Release





Hello and welcome to my stop on the Spellbinders blog hop!  I am so excited that you're here... Spellbinders has released so many great new holiday products and I had so much fun creating my projects.  You might have arrived from the amazing Nichol Spohr's blog, but if you're jumping in here and would like to start from the beginning, you can find the Spellbinders blog here.  I will also have the blog hop list at the end of this post.



I was so excited to be able to create a bunch of fun projects with the new Spellbinders Holiday Die D-Lites.  I started with the new Santa Etched Dies.  Isn't he adorable?  I started by making a card, simply die cutting the pieces, coloring them with Copic Markers, and assembling them.  I beaded a border from my Spellbinders Pierced Rectangle Dies and accentuated it with a little flower I created from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Layered Poinsettia Etched Dies, and used this to frame my Santa to complete my card.

I didn't want to stop there, though.  As a child, my absolute favorite ornaments were Wizard of Oz ornaments my mom had hand stitched from felt.  This die was perfect to re-create that look.  I simply cut the Santa from wool felt and added some simple hand-stitched details (I used gouache paint to paint on his eyes and eyebrows).  I assembled the pieces using felt glue and added a hanger.  What a sweet little ornament!  I think this would be perfect for a teacher gift along with the coordinating Santa card and a gift card!



For my next projects, I used the Christmas Tree Etched Dies to create a shaker card.  I simply cut out multiple die cuts and stacked them on each other, creating three little wells that I filled with colorful sequins.  I layered this tree onto a fun patterned paper and stitched another border with the Pierced Rectangle Dies.

I also created a coordinating wool felt ornament from these tree dies.  I cut the tree shapes from green wool felt and glued them together using Felt Glue.  After cutting the tree trunk from brown wool felt and adding some stitched details, I had so much fun hand beading the tree using sequins and clear seed beads.  I assembled the pieces together with felt glue and added a hanger.  I just love this sparkly little tree ornament!



For my last project, I decided to make gift tags.  I am always looking for pretty tags to adorn my holiday gifts, and these came together so quickly.  I aded double-sided adhesive to glitter paper before die cutting snowflakes from the new Die D-Lites Etched Snowflakes Dies.  I then simply adhered the snowflakes to a tag I cut out from acetate, aligning matching snowflakes on both sides of the acetate so the adhesive backing wouldn't show through.  I then attached a vellum "to and from" strip to each tag.  I love this fun clear look - it is perfect to decorate holiday gifts without taking away from pretty wrapping paper.





GIVEAWAY!!!

I hope you enjoyed these projects!  To celebrate this release, Spellbinders is giving away a $50 to one blog reader select from the comments across the blogs in this hop.  Giveaway closes on Sunday, September 23rd at 11:59 pm EDT.  The winner will be announced in the blog hop post the following Monday.  Winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties and taxes.  Good luck!

Thank you so much for joining me today!  I had so much fun with these projects.  The next stop on the blog hop is the amazingly talented Keeway Tsao.  The entire blog hop is as follows:



Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the Spellbinders affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you for your support!  I'd love to see any projects you make with these products - be sure to come back and show me!  I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the hop!




54 comments on "Spellbinders Blog Hop: Holiday Die Release"
  1. cool cool cool shaker card. Love that felt ornament. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable creations! Spellbinders dies are always so unique and so much fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun creations! So festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't have Christmas without a shaker card. Love the color palette.
    nice.
    Erica K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing how versatile these dies are. Your ornaments and cards are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE BRIGHT COLORS! These are SO FUN! What great creations! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shaker card. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What creative ideas for these dies! I loved the felt Santa ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tree shaker card and the Santa card and the snow flakes on acetate are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you turned those dies into ornaments and cards! I had a ceramic Santa that looked a lot like that when I was a little girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute projects! Love the coordinating felt Christmas tree and the glittered acetate tags! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely cards!Love all Spellbinders dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The snowflakes make fast, easy
    additions to a tag base. Love
    the tree shaker. thanks for
    sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful snowflakes. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So festive! So many sweet details and elements on these creations! Thank you for sharing your talent and inspiration with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many creative ideas for the holidays! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Santas and so versatile as a card or ornament. The tree die is so cute the way you made it into a shaker with different color sequins. Thank you so much for sharing your talents today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Santa, love shakers, but went nuts over the snowflake tags! I had some gold glitter snowflakes I have used for years to decorate packages that were thrift store floral sprays. Never even thought that a die and glitter paper would do the same thing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The shaker tree is such a cute idea. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun projects and cards Leigh. Love the super cute Santa image. The dry embossed details look great. The felt ornaments are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All beautiful creations!! I really love the shaker card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. fun projects, love all of them - great to see ornaments and cards using the same dies - shows the versatility
    thanks for sharing
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved how you matched the little ornaments and the cards.....and the sweet little tags....very nice ...thank you so much for sharing....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these fun projects. The Santa has just shot to the top of my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What fun holiday crafting, love the Santa and the Snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great projects. Love the Christmas tree shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Even though I'm addicted to snowflakes I just love the tree shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such delightful holiday projects. Thanks for sharing the wonderful possibilities for creating with these holiday designs.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness, how cute are those ornaments!! What a delightful post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are very bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So festive. Love the ornaments and the cards, so cute, and the gift tags are sparkly and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Truly lovely holiday projects! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your felt ornaments bring back so many fond memories from my childhood and with the matching cards, perfect! Your gift tags are gorgeous, I do love glitter :) Thanks for the memories and the inspiration with this new Spellbinders collection.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love how you used these new dies to created such fun ornaments and cards - thanks for the ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute as can be! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your projects are so cute and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome projects! Love the ornaments and cards! The tree and Santa face are fabulous new designs!

    ReplyDelete
  39. How sweet! I love the ornaments, and the papers you chose for the cards are just right!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the new release. And the inspiration is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So cute! Love the ornaments made

    ReplyDelete
  42. So many ways to use these fabulous new Spellbinders additional dies!! The 3 dimensional Santa is one of my fav's!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Amazingly fun and festive projects! Beautiful and creative designs. LOVE the acetate tags, I may need to CASE that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Simply darling! Love seeing ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  45. All your projects are adorable, but my favorite are the gift tags. You can never have too much glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature