Friday, September 14, 2018

MFT Guest Designer: Woodland Friends Stitched Garden Card


Hello, everybody!  I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be joining MFT this month as a guest designer!  The new release is so full of fun new products and I’m having such a blast creating with them. 

I could not get over how cute the critters are in the new Woodland Friends stamp set, and the fact that the squirrels are holding flowers made them just perfect for this flower-loving girl.  I knew I wanted to create a card where the adorable images are the focus but I also wanted to add some extra texture and dimension, so I decided to surround them with a little stitched flower garden.  



I started my card by cutting out a panel using the largest die from the Dienamics Stitched Oval Frames, setting aside the frame.  I stamped and masked my little fox and squirrel images so I could ink blend some grass and a sky using my Cloud Edges stencil and Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, and Mowed Lawn.  I removed the masks, colored the fox and squirrel using Copic markers, and stamped the “Thankful for You” sentiment from the same stamp set.  

I then started my stitching.  I first stitched the squirrel’s flower using simple straight stitches to fill in the petals.  I then stitched the garden, simply scattering simple stitched flowers around the little critters.  I used woven roses, backstitched branches and little star-shaped flowers, french knots, and daisies using lazy daisy stitches.  If you are new to stitching, there are tons of great YouTube videos introducing these simple stitches (or you can leave any questions below and I’ll be more than happy to help!)  I added some V-shaped blades of grass as well.  


To finish the card, I mounted my oval scene on craft foam.  I stitched around the oval frame, mounted it on craft foam, and attached the framed scene onto an aqua panel to finish the card. 





I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I did!  I had so much fun enhancing these adorable little critters with a stitched garden.  Thank you so much to MFT for this amazing opportunity, and I’ll be back later in the month with more projects!  

Links to the supplies I used are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you for your support!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature