Friday, October 26, 2018

Embroidery Hoop Art Card #2: Neat and Tangled & Simon Says Stamp



Hello, everyone!  Life has taken over and there hasn't been much time for crafting, but I am so excited to be back to share another embroidery hoop art card.  This time I used some gorgeous products from Neat and Tangled as my stitched focal points.

I first stamped images from Neat and Tangled Friendly Florals set onto a circle cut from smooth white cardstock.  I then die cut and adhered Neat and Tangled's beautiful "Hello" die onto the panel.  Then the fun started... the stitching!  I decided to stitch some of the blooms and color others with Copic markers to give interest to the card.


I used a satin stitch to fill in the large flower and some of the smaller blooms from the stamp set, and used a simple back stitch to outline the images I had colored.



I also added stitched roses because I LOVE them 😊... they add so much texture and dimension to a card and are so fun to make!  Wanting to create even more visual interest, I nestled in some tiny wool felt flowers I cut from Simon Says Stamp's Mini Flowers and Leaves die (LOVE this die... so many uses!), attaching them with french knots.


I finished off the embellishments with french knots and Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins.  I then cut a circle frame using my Hero Arts Infinity Circle dies and affixed everything to a circular card base.

You guys, these embroidery hoop art cards are my JAM.  I absolutely love making cards - all kinds of cards - but these bring me so much happiness.  I am always happy to answer any questions, so please feel free to leave me comments here or contact me above if you'd like to make a project like this.  I hope you enjoyed this project, and have a great day!!!


2 comments on "Embroidery Hoop Art Card #2: Neat and Tangled & Simon Says Stamp"
  1. Your cards are absolutely stunning. You have great talent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I learn how to make those stitched roses? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature