Thursday, October 11, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Fun & Festive Release: Dancing Deer Card



Hello crafty friends!  I'm so happy to be here today with a card made with the new Dancing Deer die from Simon Says Stamp's new Fun & Festive release!  There are so many fantastic holiday stamps and dies in this release (The Critter Sweaters stamps and dies... yes, please!)

I'm all about circular cards lately, and I thought it would be fun to create a circle card featuring this leaping deer.  I first out out a circle with my Hero Arts Infinity Circle dies and ink blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (I also splattered on some extra ink for more interest).

I cut the deer out of a chocolate-colored cardstock and white heat embossed the inside pieces with snowflakes from Hero Arts' Color Layering Christmas Trees stamps.  I then cut the deer out again with silver foiled cardstock and pieced the embossed pieces inside.



After adhering the deer to the circle panel, it was time to embellish!  I die cut poinsettias with Simon's Poinsettia Parade die and ink blended them with Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide inks.  I cut leaves and foliage out of the same die and Paper Smooches' Wreath Builder dies and colored them with Copic Markers.  I also cut white branches with Memory Box's Holiday Twigs dies.  After adhering my poinsettias and foliage around the deer, I embellished the branches with red french knots and the centers of the poinsettias with Pretty Pink Posh Fairytale Fuchsia sequins.  I also adhered some Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets for additional interest.



To finish the card,  I die cut my sentiment with Poppy Stamps's Peace on Earth Doodle Script die, ink blending it again with Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Inks.  I cut a frame using the same Infinity Circle Dies and adhered it to the outside of the card.

I hope you enjoyed this project!  I had a blast creating it.  I am off to check out the rest of the new release... I truly look forward to Simon's holiday release every year!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature