Friday, November 16, 2018

Cross Stitched Shaker Card: My Favorite Things Snowflake Window Die



What is it about holiday cards that makes me want to make so many shaker cards?  I'm not sure, but I know that I LOVE a good sparkly shaker card when making my Christmas cards.  When I saw My Favorite Things's new Snowflake Window die, I immediately thought about a shaker.  I was also inspired by some pretty patterns from MFT's new Petite Plaid paper pack, and thought it would be fun to stitch up a wintery cross-stitched shaker card.

I started by creating a cross-stitched panel using my favorite Cross Stitch Bookmark die, running the panel through twice to cover the panel (you could also use MFT's Cross Stitch Rectangle as well).  I then cut a rectangle out of the center using the Snowflake Window die.  After choosing some pretty wintery threads and stitching up a plaid pattern (adding some sequins here and there), I layered some acetate in the window, sprinkled in some sequins, and adhered it to a white glitter cardstock base.  I then adhered the snowflake window on top of the acetate.  I cut the sentiment from MFT's new Ready, Set Snow stamp set, embossing it in white.



This snowflake window has so many possibilities, and I love how it finished off this shaker card so beautifully.



I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products mentioned here are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you so much for your support!





3 comments on "Cross Stitched Shaker Card: My Favorite Things Snowflake Window Die "
  1. Love this! Just want to be sure I understand how you did this. You started with the blank cross stitch piece and then used the snowflake die and then stitched the panel? So how do you keep the stitches from coming out or unraveling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy! Oooh yes, I should have been more clear. The snowflake die comes with two pieces - a rectangle and the inside snowflake piece. I cut the rectangle out of the blank cross stitch piece then stitched the border around the rectangular hole in the middle. I put the snowflake panel in the middle when the stitching was finished. I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

      Delete
  2. I need a lesson in how to cross stitch plaid patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature