Monday, November 19, 2018

Holiday Treat Bags with My Favorite Things Die-Namics Fold-Up Tags



Hello, crafty friends!  I am in the full holiday crafting swing of things, trying to avoid the last minute rush of making cards and gifts.  My Favorite Things has released a new Fold-Up Tags Die-Namics set that is perfect for embellishing holiday gifts.  I'm always looking out for projects that my daughter will not only like to make with me, but that she'll also enjoy giving to her friends and teachers.  These tags were the perfect embellishments to fun holiday gift and treat bags that we made with our favorite My Favorite Things holiday stamps and dies.



I fell in love with MFT's Festive Flamingos stamp set as soon as I saw it.  For my first project, I wanted to experiment with coloring stamped images on linen treat bags and to my delight, this was such a fun and easy process.  I first stamped my flamingos and my sentiment on the linen bag with black dye ink (I highly recommend using a stamp positioning tool like the Misti because I stamped the images a few times to get a nice dark impression).  I then painted in the images using non-toxic acrylic craft paint (perfect for crafting with kids).  To make the bag even cuter, I made some pom poms with coordinating yarn and affixed them to the bag with some small stitches.  To make the folded gift tag, I die cut the underlying layer with aqua glitter cardstock and embellished it with MFT's Layered Snowflake die cuts.  I stamped the tag's sentiment on vellum and embossed it in fuchsia embossing powder.  I then layered the tags together and finished them with some white glitter cardstock and a little glass ball I found at my local craft store.



For my second project, I stamped snowflakes from MFT's Trio of Trees stamp set and my sentiment from the Festive Flamingos set onto my bag.  I then cut my mug from MFT's Hot Cocoa Cup Die-Namics from wool felt, adding some stitching and sequins.  I adhered the die cuts onto the bag with craft glue and embellished the bag with more handmade pom poms.  To make my tag, I die cut the "Happy from MFT's "Happy Christmas" Die-Namics and embellished the tag with more stamped and die cut snowflakes.  I finished the tag with a die cut from MFT's Candy Land Paper pack.



For my third project, I first painted snowflakes on my linen bag by die cutting various snowflakes from MFT's Layered Snowflakes Die-Namics out of stamp masking paper.  I then used the negative die cut as a stencil and painted in the snowflakes using white acrylic craft paint.  I stamped the "Jingle All the Way" sentiment on white muslin using MFT's Sassy Pants Holiday stamp set and affixed it to the bag using craft glue.  I also added a row of pom pom trim along the top edge of the bag.  After treating my wool felt with Alene's Stiffen Quik to add stability to the delicate die cuts, I cut my "Happy Christmas" sentiment out of a rainbow of wool felt colors and affixed them to the bag using craft glue.  I again cut a tag from the Fold-Up Tags and an additional small tag from MFT's Stitched Tiny Tags Die-Namics, adding some stitching around the edge.  After affixing the tags, a little glass ornament, and some colorful sequins to the bag, this project was finished!



Links to the products mentioned here are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you so much for your support!

The sky is the limit for a fun crafty project like this - it is perfect for kids and there are so many fun ways to embellish the bags.  I hope you enjoyed these projects - I had a blast making them!Have you made any fun crafty holiday projects?  I'd love to hear about or see them!  I hope your holiday crafting is off to a fun and productive start!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature