Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Embellishments with Scrapbook.com's North Pole Numbers for December Days




Don't you love sets that you can use across different kinds of projects!  When Scrapbook.com sent me their new North Pole Numbers for December Days stamp set, I envisioned so many paper crafting projects I could use this set for.  December Days scrapbook pages (of course!) and advent calendars were the first projects I thought of.  I'm imagining a bunch of little envelopes made with the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board and different patterned papers, each with a little number and a treat or coupon inside for the kids... I can't wait to make this!



Since I am currently knee-deep in holiday card and tag making, however, I also wanted to think of ways I could use this set to embellish my card projects.  And do they ever make the sweetest embellishments!  I first set out to make a tag featuring some of my favorite Scrapbook.com products. I cut a rectangle out with a stitched rectangle die, snipping off two corners to make a tag shape.  After adding some quick gold stitching around the edges, I stamped my Joy to the World sentiment from Scrapbook.com's Holly Jolly Sentiments stamp set, embossing it with red embossing powder.  I added some die cuts from Sizzix's Funky Festive Florals and Festive Greens die sets.  I then created a small circle accent tag with the antlers from the North Pole Numbers set, stamping the Dec 25 in the center from Scrapbook.com's Merry Mail set.  I attached this circle with a small jump ring to make an easy but really special tag.



For my card, I die cut a panel in the center of an A2 kraft cardstock card base with my Paper Smooches cross stitch die.  I did some quick stitching in a black and white buffalo plans pattern and embellished the panel with the Joy sentiment from Concord & 9th's Joyful die set.  I then stamped another circle using my December Days as a center embellishment for the wreath, hanging it with some gold thread. This little embellishment swings back and forth when the card is moved, creating a fun accent.  After adding some quick stitched lines and some fun colorful sequins, this card was finished!



One of my favorite things to do is stretch my supplies to see how many uses I can think of.  The December Days sets is one of those fundamental sets that can be used for so many different projects - I am so happy to have it in my stash!

I hope you enjoyed these projects!  Links to the products mentioned here are below.  I participate in the Scrapbook.com affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you so much for your support!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature