Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Stitched Shaker Card: My Favorite Things Christmas Tree Window



If I had to name one favorite technique in card making other than stitching, I'd have to say it is die cutting.  I probably consider myself more of a die cutter than a stamper.  When My Favorite Things surprised me and sent me some of their products from their amazing November release (talk about happy mail!), I was thrilled to see their new Christmas Tree Window.  I immediately knew I wanted to make a shaker card, and I was thrilled when I went through my MFT stash and found that so many of their tree stamps and dies went so well with the Christmas Tree Window die.  So... why not combine stamping, die cutting, and stitching to make a little rainbow-y woodland of trees?

In choosing my colors, I was heavily inspired by a rainbow stripe patterned paper from MFT's Candy Land paper pad.  I first die cut the Christmas tree window in the center of my card panel cut from MFT's Die-Namics Stitched Rectangle STAX.  I did some subtle ink blending in pool-colored ink on the background, then chose vibrant hues of candy cane red, pink, lime and teal inks to both stamp trees from MFT's Trio of Trees stamp set and die cut trees from MFT's Winter Trees die set.  After adding stitching around the stitched die cuts in coordinating shades of thread, I layered my trees for dimension and interest.



All there was left to do was add some foam tape on the back of the panel, sprinkle in my sequins, and layer the panel on top of a piece of white glitter cardstock.  Before mounting the panel on top of my card base, I added a strip of that holiday rainbow paper from MFT's Candy Land paper pad that inspired the color scheme for this card.  I just love this little forest of stitched colorful trees!  I am not usually one to make duplicates of cards, but I adore this one so much and it came together so easily that I will be making more for sure!



I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it!  The MFT Christmas Tree Window is currently FREE with a $60 purchase at My Favorite Things!  Links to the products mentioned here are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you so much for your support!







Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature