Thursday, November 29, 2018

Embroidery Hoop Card #3: Honeybee Stamps Rejoice



What do you do on those days when you have the best intentions to get #allthethings done, but life throws you a curve ball and destroys all of your motivation?  I'm kind of all over the place.  Sometimes I'll motor and get things done anyway, sometimes I'll crawl back into bed, and other times I just sit around wishing I knew what to do.  I had one of those days... and this card was the result.  Initially just a distraction, it turned into singular focus and motivation to complete something that day.  

I absolutely adore Honeybee Stamps's Rejoice stamp set... I bought it as soon as I saw it and thought it would make a beautiful embroidery hoop art card.  I started by creating a circular card panel,  stamping out the sentiment in black ink, and embossing it with clear embossing powder.  I then stamped out the large floral cluster from the stamp set in light gray ink.  To supplement the bouquet, I stamped some additional florals along the bottom and right side of the using Honeybee's Country Blooms stamp set, which is the perfect compliment to the Rejoice set.



I then colored the florals using Copic markers and shading with Polychromos colored pencils.  After that came the stitching (my favorite part).  I outlined the floral images with simple back stitches, stitched the leaves using a leaf stitch, and used lazy daisy stitches to outline some of the smaller foliage.  I stitched over the circles using french knots.



To add some additional dimension to the card, I added a small poinsettia and leaves from Simon Says Stamp's Poinsettia Parade die.  I then added some of Honeybee's shaped flower sequins and did some subtle ink blending over the sentiment.  To finish the card, I added a circle frame cut from woodgrain patterned paper and an embroidery hoop top from Altenew's Circle Embroidery Hoop die.



I look at this card as sort of a triumph... if only I could motivate to complete a project on every bad day!  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the Scrapbook.com affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission at no cost to you when products are purchased through the links I share.  Thank you so much for your support!



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature