Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Cross Stitch Love Card with My Favorite Things New Double the Love Die Namics




Hello crafty friends!  I am so happy to finally be back and posting here... I have missed it!  I was forced to take an extended break because life happened blew up, which left no time for crafting.  Every time I passed through my craft room a little twinge would hit my heart because I missed it so so much.  We have finally hit a lull, and I am so thrilled to have found the time to start creating again!

There is no better time to shake the dust off than when My Favorite Things has a new release, and I am here today with my first of a set of new cards.  I was instantly in love with the new Double the Love Die Namics, and I was excited to see if I could combine this bold, graphic sentiment with some cross stitching to create a clean and simple card.



I started off by die cutting a panel with my "Love" sentiment and a heart from MFT's new Heart Trio Shaker Die Namics.  I then added a stitched border using my A2 Stitched Rectangle Die Namics and hand stitched the border.  I added a sentiment in the lower corner from MFT's new Joyful Heart Bears stamp set by Stacey Yacula.

I then created another slightly-smaller panel and die cut two panels of stitch holes using my Cross Stitch Bookmark Die Namics (everyone needs to have this in their stash - this die packs such a punch!)  I then cross stitched a plaid pattern to underlie the Love sentiment and heart cutout I created on my top panel.

When I was done with the stitching, the rest of the card came together in minutes.  I added some smaller stitched hearts from MFT's Cocoa Cups and some even smaller hearts from the Band Aids Die Namics to accent the card.  After layering the panels on top of a red cardstock base, this clean and simple card was done!



I can't tell you how happy I am to be back and that you stopped by.  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission on products purchased through the links I share here at no additional cost to you.  I hope you enjoyed this project and I'll be back soon!


2 comments on "Cross Stitch Love Card with My Favorite Things New Double the Love Die Namics"
  1. Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I love what you did with your stitching. Oh to be that creative! Thank you SO much for sharing this fabulous creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, Jeanne! That just made my day!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature