Sunday, January 27, 2019

Garden Card with My Favorite Things Heart Art and Heart Shaker Window Trio




One of my favorite things about paper crafting is the ability to channel our emotions into our creations.  After recently spending a long weekend thoroughly enjoying the gorgeous weather in Florida at a soccer tournament, and then being blasted with 7 degree temperatures when reluctantly returning home, I've found myself thinking about the sun and all things warm.  So while my flower beds lay dormant for a few more months (*sob*), why not create a colorful garden on a card?

To create this card, I turned to my stash of my most-loved My Favorite Things Die Namics and gorgeous products from their new release.  I started by cutting a stitched panel with my A2 Stitched Rectangle Die Namics and adding a trio of heart cutouts with MFT's new Heart Trio Shaker die.  I stamped the gorgeous center heart with the new Heart Art stamp set and die cut it with MFT's Free with $60 heart die.



I then went to creating my surrounding garden.  I die cut my roses with the large and small Mini Rolled Roses Die Namics.  I then die cut some daisies from MFT's Stitched Flowers Die Namics.  To create some dimension, I cut a slit between two of the petals and overlapped the cut petals, creating a cupped flower.  After adhering some pom pom centers, I couldn't resist adding some hand stitching to the larger daisies for some more interest.  I added some foliage from my favorite Fab Foliage Die Namics and some additional stitched teal flowers from the same Stitched Flowers set.



To finish the card, I used the new Heart Trio Shaker Pouches, cutting off the center heart so I could layer up my sentiment heart.  I filled the two outer shaker pouches with pretty pink and white flower sequins and adhered the panel to my card base.  Hand stitching, pom poms, shaker pouches and dimensional flowers all aboard, I decided to call this card finished before things got really out of hand.  LOL



I am a huge fan of My Favorite Things because their products are so timeless and versatile.  I love how these new products are perfect for Valentine's cards, but how they also translate so well to cards that can be sent all year.  I think this one is destined for someone currently stuck in a cold climate like me - I hope it gives her a warm smile!

I hope you enjoyed this project!  Links to the products I used are below.  I participate in the My Favorite Things affiliate program, which means that I receive a small commission when products are purchased through the links I share at no additional cost to you.  Thank you so much for your support, and I'll see you soon!


1 comment on "Garden Card with My Favorite Things Heart Art and Heart Shaker Window Trio "
  1. This is an art piece! It needs a white shadow box frame! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature